Statement of Faith
1. THE WORD OF GOD – We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. THE TRINITY – We believe that there is a living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that they are equal in every Divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
3. GOD THE FATHER – We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him – through Jesus Christ.
4. JESUS CHRIST – We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and His personal and imminent return.
5. THE HOLY SPIRIT – We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
6. MAN – We believe that all men and women by nature and choice are sinners but that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have ever-lasting life;” we believe, therefore, that those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence and those who refuse to accept Christ as Savior will be forever separated from God.
7. THE CHURCH – We believe in the Church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head, of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a local church is a body of believers in Jesus Christ, immersed upon a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that God has laid hold upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
8. THE ORDINANCES – We believe that there are two Church ordinances; namely, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water showing the believer’s identification with the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord’s Supper is the remembrance of the Lord’s death until He comes, and should be observed only by believers after solemn self-examination.
9. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT – We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of his/her fellow man; that his/her conduct should be blameless before the world; that he/she should be a faithful steward of his/her possessions; and that he/she should seek to realize for himself/herself and others the full stature of maturity in Christ.
10. CHRISTIAN HOME – We believe in the sanctity of marriage and the Godliness of single-parent homes. We believe the home is the primary instrument for the nurture of individuals; and we seek to uphold the value of all human life from conception, as created in God’s image, to death, when He alone should decide how and when it is to terminate.
11. Marriage – We believe God, not man, created marriage. We believe marriage was the first institution designed by God. We believe the Bible teaches that the covenant of marriage is sacred and lifelong. The Bible makes it clear that marriage is a legally binding public declaration of commitment and a private consummation between one man and one woman, never between the same sex. Therefore, we believe God gives a wife to a husband and a husband to a wife, and they are to receive one another as God's unique and personal provision to help meet their mutual needs. We believe God created marriage for the purpose of couples glorifying God as one flesh, parenting godly children, and enjoying sexual pleasure. As iron sharpens iron, we believe God uses marriage to sharpen a man and woman into the image of Jesus Christ. Just as the Trinity reflects equal worth with differing roles, we believe God created a man and a woman with equal worth but with differing roles and responsibilities in marriage. Finally, we declare the marriage commitment must be upheld in our culture as that sacred institution of God in which men and women can experience the truest sense of spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy, so that the two can become one.
12. HUMAN SEXUALITY – We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities outside of marriage including but not limited to, adultery, premarital sex, homosexuality, and pedophilia are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious conduct, transgender behavior, and the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, are incompatible with the biblical witness.
13. RELIGIOUS LIBERTY – We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith. Each church is independent, and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. Therefore, Church and State must be kept separate as having separate functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
14. SANCTIFICATION – We believe the Scriptures teach that sanctification is the process by which, according to the will of God, we are made partakers of His holiness; that it is a progressive work, begun in regeneration and carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit; that all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are called into a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices. It is accomplished by the study of the Word of God, prayer, watchfulness, self-denial, self-examination and the practice of all godly exercises and duties.
15. PROVICENCE – We believe God from eternity decrees or permits all things that come to pass, and perpetually upholds, directs and governs all creatures and all events; yet so as not in any wise to be the author or approver of sin nor to destroy the free will and responsibility of intelligent creatures.